The history of Brant Revolver and Rifle Club goes back to the "roaring twenties", - to the days of flappers, prohibition and the Charleston. It was founded in the year 1928; the year talking pictures made their debut, and was known as the Telephone City Rifle Club.
For the first eight years, the members met above Hawthorne's Sporting Goods store. In 1938 they moved to the Brunswick Coffee Shop and held their shoots in the basement, until 1948. It was during this time that the name of the club was changed once more, to the Brant Revolver Club. This name remained the same until 1940 when it again under went another name change to the present one of the Brant Revolver and Rifle Club.
It was in 1948 that the members decided that they needed a more permanent place to conduct their activities and it was in 1949 that the present club facilities were constructed at 64 Holme St.
The club was incorporated on June 24, 1966. This formalized the administration and day to day running of the oganization with Seven Directors and 6 Officers.
The club is affiliated with the Shooting Federation of Canada, the National Firearm Association and the Monarch League.